excuse me

Excuse me......we hear these words everywhere.......excuse me is a part of our everyday language....SO, why i am writing about these words?....well, i went to the bank late this afternoon as i have to pay my credit card....i heard these 2 bank employees......they were having an argument on what "excuse me" means.....

employee 1 : Excuse me ka dyan, bakit dadaan ka ba?
employee 2: Hindi, may kukunin lang ako sa table mo.
employee 1: So, why are you saying excuse me, di ka pala dadaan?
employee 2: eh, may kukunin nga ako eh....
employee 1: dapat hindi excuse me sinasabi mo.......

At this point, i was not able to hear more of their conversation because it was my turn to pay my bill......

I wanted to tell employee 1 that employee 2 was right in using the words "excuse me"..... excuse me is more of a verbal expression or idiom.......it is used to acknowledge or ask forgiveness for an action that could cause offense......so, in the scene i mentioned above, employee 2 was asking an excuse for her "would be action" as she will be getting something from the table of employee 1.

hmmmm, next time, i hope i can share to employee 1 that excuse me is a verbal expression and it can be used to express regret and apology!......(hahahaha, apektado ako kay employee 1.....i guess she needs to be informed lang naman)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Btillante Weblog

Why do we Need Friends....

Happy Birthday Raha Lam-Ang Gabriel